Book Your Consultation

Legal Advice

Culbertson and Associates > Legal Advice

Can Unmarried Father Get Custody?

Can Unmarried Father Get Custody

An unmarried father can get custody of his child if he meets certain legal requirements and can prove that he is the child's biological father. In order to get custody, the father must first file a paternity action with the court. Once paternity is established, the father can then file a motion for custody. The court will consider several factors when determining whether or not to grant custody to an unmarried father, including the child's relationship with the father, the child's best interests, and the father's ability to care for the child. If you are an unmarried father seeking custody of your...

Continue reading